The Austin restaurants listed below all serve breakfast and/or brunch. Some offer maple syrup, others offer corn, and a few provide both. This list focuses on whether or not the establishments serve maple syrup.
For more information about maple syrup and how I came to be interested in it, check out some related posts:
- Reclaiming Maple: Why I’m passionate about maple syrup
- The Rise and Fall of Maple: history, other regional syrups, government regulation, grades, VT vs. McDonalds
- Maple Pride: harvest, regional pride, tourism, environment, health
- The Envelope Please….Introducing the Austin Maple Syrup Guide
|1886||yes||Maple Leaf Pure Maple Syrup|
|Central Market Cafe||no||You CAN, however, buy real maple in the store and use it in the Cafe.|
|Chez Zee||yes, extra||$4.95 for New Hampshire pure maple syrup (grade A amber)|
|Counter Café||yes||Kirkland (Costco)|
|Eastside Cafe||yes, extra||$2.50 for real maple although they were out when I called|
|Enoteca Vespaio||yes||Vermont maple|
|Fino||yes||Grade A, Dark Amber, from VT|
|Galaxy Cafe||yes, extra||$.75 extra|
|Haddington's||no||They offer homemade vanilla syrup|
|Jack Allens Kitchen||no|
|Joe's Bakery & Mexican Food||no|
|Jo's on 2nd||yes, extra||$.50 extra|
|Magnolia Cafe||yes, extra||$1.50 extra|
|Manny's Uptown Kitchen||no|
|Max's Wine Dive||yes|
|Mother's Cafe||yes||Shady Maple Farms|
|Night Hawk (The Frisco)||no|
|Olivia||yes||Pure VT Maple Syrup|
|Original Pancake House||no|
|South Congress Café||yes|
|Trace at the W||yes||Dickinsons Pure Maple Syrup|
|Waterloo Ice House||no|
Created on Jan. 28, 2011, I plan to keep this list up-to-date as a service to the community. If you notice any errors in the list, or if you have information about a change in any restaurants syrup offerings, please leave a comment below or email me.
- Added Takoba and Zandunga to the list. Neither serve maple syrup although Takoba’s french toast comes with caramelized bananas and guajillo honey.
- Added Central Market Cafe (thanks @txcooking for the suggestion). However, their thick cut french toast comes with the fake stuff. You can buy real maple in the grocery store and bring it in, though.
- Updated status of Chez Zee after learning from a reader that they charge $4.95 for real maple syrup (source: online brunch menu).
- Coverage in the Austin Business Journal on my “Maple Mission.”