Austin’s May Food Events
On May 8, Beth M. Howard will be at Book People to talk about and sign copies of her memoir, “Making Piece: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Pie.”
On May 9, Central Market will kick off their two week celebration of all things French. Their Passport to France events will include lots of delicious sampling opportunities in the store (especially the evening of May 9 and on the weekends), daily live music and entertainment, cooking classes, additional products imported from France, including over forty new cheeses, and more.
- Creperie open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Westgate store
- Tribute to Edit Piaf concert on May 10 at the N. Lamar store and May 17 at the Westgate store
- Crepes class on May 12
- Souffles 101 class on May 14
- Macaron class on May 15
- Sauteing and French pan sauces class on May 16
- Introduction to French Cheeses class on May 20
- A Night in Provence class on May 22
On May 10, the Sustainable Food Center will hold their annual Farm to Plate event at the Barr Mansion.
The Austin Chronicle has compiled a list of Mother’s Day brunch options for May 13.
On May 17, Slow Food Austin will hold their May Happy Hour at Boggy Creek Farm.
On May 20, Slow Food Austin offers a tour of Countryside Family Farm.
What other food events are you looking forward to enjoying this May?Tags: Central Market, france, mother's day, slow food