Tasty Tuesdays: Edible Austin Eat Drink Local Week
Saturday kicks off Edible Austin Eat Drink Local Week (formerly Eat Local Week), and there are tons of activities to enjoy for some very good causes. Proceeds from the week’s event will be sent to support Urban Roots, the Sustainable Food Center, and of course local small business owners.
Activities kick off with the Urban Farm Bicycle Tour this Saturday ($30 for adults – children under 16 are free).
Other events include:
- Springdale Farm’s Pig Roast and Harvest Dinner at 4 p.m. Saturday ($30)
- A Coffee and Chocolate Festival at 11 a.m. Sunday at Texas Coffee Traders ($25)
- Speakers Wendell Berry and Wes Jackson’s sold out talks on Sunday at the Paramount (sold out but tickets are available on Craigslist)
- Alamo Drafthouse showing of Moonstruck with dinner at 7 p.m. Monday ($70)
- Better Bites of Austin Holiday Fair at the Domain on Wednesday from 4-9 p.m. (free)
- Drink Local Night and Official Drink of Austin contest at the AT&T Center on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. ($35)
- Local Brew Fest on Saturday, Dec. 10 at Black Star Co-Op from 1 to 5 p.m. ($20)
For tickets to individual events or for VIP tickets to all of the events above, click here. Note: you save $30 with the VIP ticket if you are sure you will attend all of the events. If not, it may be better to purchase tickets individually.
New this year is an auction of a private culinary experience with a local celebrity chef for eight guests. The bidding starts at $1900 for each chef and you can check out the participating chefs here.
Related:eat drink local week, eat local week, edible austin