Le Fantasme Foodie Commence!
Today is the day that Adam and I leave on our Whole Foods Foodie Fantasy trip to Berlin, Amsterdam, Bruges, and Paris. Thank you again for voting for the video and giving us the opportunity to experience the trip of a lifetime.
Being an OCD over-planner, I picked up a couple books from the library and a friend. I’ll admit that I didn’t crack the spine on some of these, but I think setting them next to my bed while I slept may have allowed some of the information to enter my brain through the miracle of osmosis.
We couldn’t have planned such an amazing itinerary without the help of friends like David (The Soup Peddler), Danika (Petite Peche & Co.), Sarah (Texpats Abroad), Kelly (Yelp Austin‘s community manager), Lauren (Edible Europe), Cathy, Lindsay, and Elizabeth (Whole Foods Market), Ned (Foreign & Domestic), Kari (The Hoffman Agency), my cousin Hannah, and last but certainly not least, my dad.
I’d also like to extend a special thanks to Sanneke, Elodie, and Svenja, the Yelp community managers from Amsterdam, Paris, and Berlin, for their insightful recommendations. Finally, three blogs stood out for their fantastic information that really helped us plan — Dutch Grub, David Lebovitz, and Paris by Mouth. We’ll be on the Whole Foods Foodie Fantasy trip through next Friday (Berlin to Paris Intrepid Travel package), and then are added another day or so in Paris, before continuing on to Provence (Avignon, St-Remy, Roussillon, Aix, Cassis, etc. for another week. This will be quite an adventure!
- Congrats! You’re a Foodie Fantasy Finalist!
- Voting Love: Austin Business Journal and Austinist
- Thanks, KEYE-TV, for Getting Out the Vote!
- The Republic of Austin Has Decreed: Vote for Jodi!
- We Can Do It!
- Thank You All! We Did It!
- Austin Post: Jodi Bart Wins the Whole Foods Foodie Fantasy Contest
- Get Excited: Surprise Ice Cream Social!
- Thank You For Voting Ice Cream Social!
- Ice Cream Social and Foodie Fantasy Buzz
- Cool Ice Cream, Hot People at the Ice Cream Social!
- European Trip: Things we wanted to Google
- Belgium Bites
- Amsterdam: Rijstaffel and Bols Museum
- Insider’s Tour of French Cheese Culture
- A Paris Engagement
- M. Chapoutier Vineyard Tour and Tasting
- Memorable Places to Stay in Provence
- Chez Serge in Carpentras, France
- Le Castelas: Provence Lunch of a Lifetime