Home » Archive

Articles Archive for January 2011

Profiles, Tasty Bits »

[17 Jan 2011 | One Comment | 2,423 views]
Jessica’s Granola

I’ve always loved the crunchy, sweet, healthy goodness of granola in cereal, as a topping for yogurt, or in bar form thrown into my purse or backpack for a snack. There’s something special about granola, and I’ve been thinking about that recently because two people from my past have started successful, granola-based businesses. I’ll be dedicating this post and tomorrow’s post to telling their story.
The first is Jessica — a dear friend from my days at the University of Michigan. Jessica is very smart — she majored in Engineering at U …

Read the full post »

Recipes »

[16 Jan 2011 | 11 Comments | 3,270 views]
Thai-Roasted Tofu with Chili and Basil

As loyal Tasty Touring readers may remember, I’m back on the Weight Watchers wagon. It’s definitely a challenge — especially once the newness of watching everything I eat wears out (as it kind of has after a month). However, I’m really trying to stay on track, and delicious meals like this Weight Watchers Thai-Roasted Tofu recipe really helps.

Thai-Roasted Tofu with Chili and Basil
Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value:    7
Servings:  4
Preparation Time:  45 min
Cooking Time:  32 min
Level of Difficulty:  Difficult
If you think tofu has no taste, think again! We pressed out its …

Read the full post »

Memories »

[9 Jan 2011 | 30 Comments | 5,643 views]
Party Like a Mad Man

The invitation set the tone. Sent over e-mail, it featured an illustration of a woman dressed up in a cocktail dress, black gloves, with a beehive hairstyle, pearls, and a glass of champagne. This would be a Mad Men New Years party. The invitation read:
“Help us ring in 2011 with a throwback to the swingin’ 60s and  a tribute to the stylish debauchery of Mad Men. Dress to impress — early 60s attire encouraged.”
I decided to go all out. My costume included a rented dress and from Lucy in Disguise …

Read the full post »

Restaurants, Tasty Bits, Tasty Tuesdays »

[4 Jan 2011 | 29 Comments | 8,476 views]
Tasty Tuesdays: New Food Has Come to Light

Damn, Austin! Just as I get on a roll with my healthy eating and exercise, you go and open up new mouthwatering restaurants! I hate you almost as much as I love you! I will prevail though — I will show you, and show myself, that I can enjoy deliciously rich dishes once in a while, stay on track the rest of the time, and still lose weight [shakes fist]!
So here’s my plan: eat as healthy as possible 90% of the time and the other 10%, check out these new …

Read the full post »