The Tasty Touring Linkdown
I apologize for not posting in a week. I’m going to steal an idea from my friend Omar Gallaga and share some fun stuff with you in the form of a linkdown.
First of all, Addie Broyles took this photo and posted it to her blog. No, I did not tag my own blog name but yes, I’m glad it’s there.
- TRIO at the Four Seasons has introduced a Happy Hour Mon – Sat from 5-8 p.m. They are offering 1/2 off apps and 1/2 off wines by the glass in the wine bar. And, they offer complimentary valet parking. Holla! This is Life in Austin did some calculations and she figured out that this means you can get a drink or an app for as little as $3.50!
- Bacon is all the rage in Austin. This Thursday, the Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek is hosting The Kevin Bacon BACON Feast. On March 26th, they will screen the Kevin Bacon classic Flatliners with 6 courses of bacon for $50. Food blogger James drove for 5 hours this weekend to Snook, TX just to try chicken fried bacon. Check out his post to see if he thought it was worth the schlep.
- This weekend is the Keep Austin Spicy Asian Food Festival. $5 bucks gets you in for free entertainment and demonstrations but the food will cost you extra.
- Hudson’s on the Bend is offering a less expensive 25th Anniversary Menu at least until the end of March. Prices range from $5-$8 for an appetizer or dessert to $16 – $22 for entrees. Portions are smaller than the regular menu but our group was quite satisfied after each ordering an appetizer and an entree and sharing one dessert. Hudson’s also provides fresh rolls, an amuse bouche, and a treat to take home. Adam and I shared a bottle of wine with David and Betsy and the total came to $45/person including tax and tip.
- Have you heard about Farmhouse Delivery? It’s such a cool concept to connect local food producers with consumers directly! On Saturday, April 4, they are teaming up with Dai Due to provide a square foot gardening class and farm lunch for just $50. What a great opportunity and I would be signed up already if I wasn’t headed out of town that day. Call 512-529-8569 or e-mail email@example.com to register.
I will end this linkdown with a message from my Twitter account that I sent off during the South By Southwest Interactive panel “The Secrets of Successful Food Blogging.” Serious Eats posted a story about the panel using the tweets that were written about it — both during and after. Here is mine:addie broyles, alamo drafthouse, bacon, farmhouse delivery, festival, four seasons, hudson's on the bend, linkdown, omar gallaga, SXSW, The Eaten Path, this is life in austin, trio, twitter